Ashes vs Bodies Debate

I was recently repulsed by an exhibit of photography I saw on the Guardian website in the UK--a series of pictures taken before and after a subject's death. These are unflinching looks at sickness and death. I am no stranger to deathbed experiences, but I found this exploration very distasteful. Which is weird considering I had no problem with an exhibit last year by Spring Hurlbut that I saw, which was photographs of people's cremated remains. Hurlbut's exhibition caused a lot of controversy, but I found it absolutely gorgeous and very tasteful . Why a corpse photographed against a black background freaks me out but ashes against a black background is ok, I don't know, but that's me. Check out the two links above and see where your opinion lies.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

But There IS Joel Kinnaman...

Lilith is Fair